Wednesday, January 5, 2022

A Different "Shut Down" 2022

                                                 The Magic of Joe Ferranti                                                    Top Rated Magician in Massachusetts

     

 January 2021, things were looking positive. Two vaccines had emergency use authorization and a third would be available in February. The only problem was getting an appointment for a shot. Surely we were on our way to ending the pandemic in our country and would move on to help others less fortunate.

On the business side, there was no demand for my Magicians services in Massachusetts or New Hampshire, where I receive 90% of my gigs. As many know, some magicians/entertainers had added virtual services for their clients. It seems to have worked well for some, I chose not to add virtual services for many reasons. Mainly, my knowledge of the technical aspects of providing a virtual show would likely fail to offer a satisfying experience for my clients.

Encouragement came in the spring, as I was contacted to perform for the graduating class at Billerica High School. The event would take place outside, the students and I would be masked. Not my preferred way to work/communicate. However, it worked well and to the complete satisfaction of my clients. (reviews available for ferrantimagic.com on Google.)

When June arrived, I was contacted by the graduating class of Newburyport High School. A client I had worked for previously. At this point, I was vaccinated and so were the students. This was my return to performing in the manner I was comfortable with. The style of magic I perform is called, "Close-Up Magic." further explanation is not necessary.

And so it continued with many more performances, as people had regained a comfort level to gather in intimate settings. All was going great, with an expectation of a busy holiday season, and it was a busy season for holiday parties, Christmas parties, and a few birthday parties. Until...Omicron.

The cancellations began, some due to actual cases of covid, and more due to uncertainty.

As of now, I am not technically closed down, but I have no idea when I will receive my next inquiry. So, realistically, I am "closed down."

And on it goes... as of today, fully vaccinated in the U.S. is at 62.2% or 74% for one vaccination.

Joe Ferranti

Boston Massachusetts Close-Up Magician

339-927-4710  The Magic of Joe Ferranti

YouTube The Magic of Joe Ferranti Boston Magician

No comments:

Post a Comment